Click for commercial
Click for personal
When Scott retired from active involvement in C++, he also retired from delivering training seminars. Fortunately, a select group of approved vendors continues the Scott Meyers training tradition by using the materials he developed for his own use.
Unlike traditional training courses, Scott's are primarily based on the guideline-oriented approach proven in his books. This approach focuses on the intermediate-to-advanced topics that provide the greatest payoff for practicing programmers, topics that are too often glossed over — if covered at all — in conventional courses.
C++ offerings include:
- Effective Modern C++. Scott's inimitable guideline-and-example-based examination of how to make truly effective use of modern C++ (i.e., C++11 and C++14). Based on Scott's best-selling book of the same name. Length: 4 days.
- An Overview of the New C++ (C++11/14). A compelling introduction to the new features in the most powerful and efficient versions of C++ that have ever existed. Topics include move semantics, concurrency support, library enhancements, and much more. Length: 3 days.
- Fastware for C++. An intensive, single-minded focus on how to write C++ programs and systems that are fast. Covers effective use of C++, the STL, CPU caches, concurrent STL-like algorithms and data structures, build system options, third-party libraries, and more. Length: 2 days.
- Effective C++ in an Embedded Environment. An in-depth examination of how C++ can be applied in embedded systems. Covers costs of language features, ROMing, ISRs, memory management, safety-critical and real-time considerations, and more. Length: 2 days.
- Short courses. Scott offers a variety of focused, partial-day presentations that can be mixed and matched to cover just the material you need in exactly the time you have available. Topics range from specific C++ issues to more general areas such as ensuring quality.
Language-independent courses include:
- Better Software — No Matter What. An overview of specific practices developers can apply — in any language on any kind of project — to improve the system's correctness, usability, testability, and maintainability. Length: 1 day.
Material from the above courses can be combined in novel ways or with new material to create custom courses that meet the needs of specialized audiences.
For more information about booking Scott's training courses, contact one or more of the vendors who've licensed the materials and been approved to use them.